CURRENT POSITION VACANT
Remedial Design Engineer
Costin Roe Consulting is a medium-sized consulting engineering practice specialising in providing civil, structural, and remedial engineering advice.
The firm has been established for over 25 years with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Newcastle, and Wollongong and has grown to provide a diverse range of professional services to clients in the building, construction, strata, and insurance industries.
The firm has a strong and proud reputation for providing outstanding quality and value in engineering and project management for its clients.
As part of our ongoing expansion and development, we are seeking a Remedial Engineer to join our Sydney team. This role provides the opportunity for an experienced consulting engineer to demonstrate their skills in remedial engineering along with showing their leadership skills, ensuring progression within the firm.
Prior remedial engineering experience is preferred; however, we would be interested in reviewing applications from talented structural engineers without remedial experience who are looking for a fresh challenge. Training can be provided.
About the role:
- Carry out inspections on a variety of structures, including residential, commercial, institutional and industrial buildings to investigate structural building defects;
- Implement building diagnostics strategies to determine cause and effect issues;
- Perform façade audits via rope access, IRATA training can be provided;
- Prepare reports and scope of works documents;
- Design of alterations and additions to existing buildings for adaptive reuse and refurbishment. Structural engineering support will be provided by the structural engineering team.
- Construction project management, performing the role of superintendent;
- Acting as an expert witness for building disputes in the legal and insurance industries.
- Develop a partnership approach with clients, key suppliers and other decision makers.
The successful applicant:
- Tertiary qualification in civil or structural engineering essential;
- This is a client facing role, highly developed English verbal and written communication skills are a must;
- Demonstrated success in project delivery;
- Understanding of Australian Design Codes and requirements, including BCA familiarity;
- The ideal candidate will have experience in remedial work and negotiation with recommendations to Strata and Insurance client groups;
- Strong attention to detail; organisation and planning capabilities;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders and build partnerships.
We strongly encourage professional development and training, both in-house and external, will be provided regarding structural engineering, remedial engineering, and project management.
We have a close-knit, active team who enjoy sports activities and socialise regularly. If you have the necessary skills and background, and would fit into our team, then we would like to hear from you.
Within your cover letter, please provide specific details of your experience with remedial projects.
An appropriate, competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant. For more information or to discuss your suitability for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.